Friday, May 10, 2013

Words of wisdom from Julie Andrews

Pin It now!
By Brittany Anas

I'm a sucker for good, inspirational quotes -- in fact I put one on top of my to-do list every day. That's why, as a higher education reporter, I love covering graduation. It's where inspirational quotes twirl all about, I tell you. 

This morning was a special treat because the ever-so-eloquent Julie Andrews delivered the graduation address at the University of Colorado's graduation this morning. That's right. Mary Poppins gave the commencement address in beautiful Boulder. 


Here's my coverage of the morning's graduation in the Daily Camera. 



And, as a supplement, I've put together some of the memorable quotes from Andrews, starting with my favorite. 

• “Be a part of all that is decent and be an ambassador for the kind of world you want to live in."
• "Hello Buffalo people!" 
• "Live lightly on this Earth and give generously."
• “I too had a very late evening last night. It started out with a lovely dinner on Pearl Street, and even though it was not my 21st birthday, I made my way to the pub to kiss the buffalo. Why not? I segued on to The Sink on the Hill, where I think I may have seen some of you this morning. You have such amazing stamina.”
• “Now you stand on the threshold of the next phase of your lives. Some of you may know what lies ahead of you, and perhaps some of you have not made a decision, yet. Whatever the case, this is the first of many transitions you will likely encounter in your lifetime. Believe me, feeling nervous is just par for the course.”  
• “When adversity hits, go out and learn something.”  
• “Keep learning as you go. Acknowledge that there will be fear and adversity. Then go out and kick butt.”  
• “Leave everything you do, every place you go, everything you touch a little better for your having been there.”
• "The hills today are truly alive with the graduating class of 2013. Bravo”


2 comments:

  1. The very best Lcd & Plasma Tvs At under £500

    Have a look at my website; fleshings

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very useful information shared here. Thank you for sharing it. 99th.co.in

    ReplyDelete